Figure of Queen Maria Christina.
After the death of the Queen, the City Council decided to erect a monument in her honour, opening a popular subscription headed by the municipal institution itself with 100,000 pesetas. The subscription figure reached 425,000 pesetas, but on 15th July 1931 (Republic) the City Council decided not to erect the monument, with the donated money being made available to the donors. If the money was not collected, it would be given to charity. Finally, the work was carried out in 1942, funded by the City Council of San Sebastián. The statue was made from the remains of the (bronze) original which was dedicated to the Queen in the Centenary Monument, unveiled on 13th September 1913 and carried out by the so-called sculptural group of the New Cathedral of Vitoria, following an open competition regarding its execution, which was held in 1912. It was removed from the gardens of Alderdi Eder in 1924.